Last modified: October 14, 2015
- On the Website, including but not limited to information you submit through the “contact” page of the Website (e.g., name, email, phone number, address, how you found the Company, and your notes).
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website, including information necessary to conduct a conflicts check (e.g., names of entities or persons involved in the matter).
- As a result of your subscribing to, accessing, or downloading Company newsletters (including archived newsletters).
It does not apply to information collected by:
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, do not use any of the interactive features of this Website, or use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number; any other personal information you provide pursuant to the Website or its features (including but not limited to the “contact” page); or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (”personal information”);
- related to conflicts checks for your matter (e.g., names of relevant parties involved in the matter);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as inquiries regarding your legal needs;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details (including user analytics); and/or
- regarding your subscription to, access of, downloading of, reading habits of, and other user analytics of, Company newsletters.
We collect this information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or any Company newsletter. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletters or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any other information that may be collected through our Website features from time to time.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or in connection with resources available on our Website (e.g., Company newsletters), including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests or needs.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website, our newsletters, and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail or newsletter and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To subscribe you to our newsletters and to provide you with notices about your newsletter subscription, including un-subscription notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For engagement purposes if it is determined that you will become a client and to insert your information in the client database if you become a client.
- To contact you regarding your inquiry(ies).
- To archive correspondence via our email or other internal systems.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent, including referring you to a third party if we are unable to assist you with your matter.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address of a third party to receive information on your behalf, we will use that contact information as provided by you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For other purposes, with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or third parties, or otherwise required under law.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Newsletters From the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to receive newsletters, you may unsubscribe by clicking the appropriate link in the newsletter.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Any e-mail correspondence with the Company is received by the Company’s email account and is password protected. We use commercially reasonable efforts to use secure third parties (e.g., Mailchimp) and our security is subject to the protections such third parties provide on their websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.